Tuesday 14 July 2009

The response from SII and my reply

Yvonne

Thanks for your prompt response! It seems to me that SII has a moral responsibility to support its long-serving members as without the support given to the Institute by these members I doubt the SII would be in its present strong position today. The routes of SII were NOT in the examination area but based on experience in the main. It is clear that FSA cannot be trusted in keeping to its promises and guidelines undertaken in its previous life as TSA so I believe that the minority of those members here described by me as the marzipan members should be supported by SII.

I regret I cannot be present tomorrow so hope that SII can convey my views which I suspect are representative of many of SII members.

It is pretty galling that the very ethical conduct that FSA seems to advocate does NOT appear to be very prevalent in its own policies.
Richard Hoblyn FSI NO 3513

--------------------------------------
Dear Mr Hoblyn

Thank you for your email. I look forward to seeing you at the open day tomorrow.

I do understand your views on this, but I'm afraid that your question is really for the FSA (who will be present tomorrow) rather than the SII. As an Institute, we have tried very hard, and with some success, to support our members by making sure that our legacy qualifications are acceptable as meeting the transition arrangements, but the FSA is clear that it will not accept what it terms grandfathering of individuals without current or legacy qualifications. I can say that if you do not feel that you wish to take a written examination, the FSA is proposing an oral examination route conducted by awarding bodies for very experienced practitioners, and when the arrangements are in place for this, you may want to consider that option.

I am sorry not to be able to be more help.

Kind regards

Yvonne Dineen
Via RDR inbox

No comments: